Pieteikšanās termiņš: 26. marts (svētdiena)
The Baltic Sea is one of the most polluted seas in the world. Oil spills and chemicals
from inland agricultural practices have contributed to this pollution. Plastic waste ending
up in the sea is another significant problem. Pollution and waste pose serious threats to
marine ecosystems and considering these issues are often the result of inland human
actions, it is crucial that quality education regarding environmental problems is
advanced in Baltic region countries.
While many young people are aware of the critical need to act to address future
concerns and environmental implications, they often lack the means to make an impact.
Therefore, this project seeks to educate young people on the environmental topic and
empower them to impact their families, friends, and general community behavior by
leading by example and implementing eco-friendly initiatives.
The project's main aim is to raise youth awareness about the connection between daily
life choices and environmental issues in the field of Baltic Sea pollution.
The main objectives of the project has been set :
1) To raise awareness of the Baltic Sea pollution level and its importance.
2) To identify the most prevalent negative consequences of people's environmental
behaviors, as well as strategies to address them.
3) Develop awareness of the connection between Baltic Sea pollution and related
environmental decisions in different sectors.
4) To promote environmentally responsible behavior at the local level;
5) To foster a proactive attitude toward green efforts.
6) Assist participants in developing a sense of social responsibility toward
7) Engage youth in international discussions and decision-making regarding
environmentally friendly actions.
8) Keep youth active and assist them in learning how to put ideas into action, enhance
their social skills and multilingualism and stimulate cultural exchange.