Pieteikšanās termiņš: 26. septembris (svētdiena)
6. dec, 22:00 - 10. dec, 22:00
This cross-sectoral conference will address the NEET issues and showcase good practices, with the emphasize on partnership building and cooperation between youth work and other sectors (formal education, employment, social & business sector...).
This 3-day cross-sectorial conference is about addressing NEET issues and showcasing good practices, with emphasis on cooperation between youth work and other sectors (formal education, employment, social and business sector...). The event will stress the partnership building element.
Theme: Young People in a NEET (Not in Education Employment or Training) situation.
"On Track" is part of the SALTO Inclusion & Diversity (SALTO I&D) Resource Centre, as well as the Turkish National Agency (NA), a longer-term strategic approach to reach young people who are excluded from the system and see how we can reconnect them to society and improve their opportunities in life. It has become an annual gathering of the professionals working on NEET issues and it is supported by the NA Strategic Partnership on Inclusion NEET working group.
The SALTO ID research & publication on NEET issues "On track - Different youth work approaches for different NEET situations" has been published in 2015. The 4th edition of the conference took place online in December 2020.
Aim of the conference:
To support collaboration and exchange between professionals from different sectors in order to create better opportunities for young people in a NEET situation and enable their active involvement in society and integration into the labour market.
• To explore different NEET realities across Europe and beyond, as well as different types of practices or tools at all levels.
• To exchange the variety of ways of working with young people in a NEET situation and highlight the possibility of cross-sectoral partnership projects.
• To share resources on working with young people in a NEET situation, such as the SALTO Inclusion and Diversity study “On Track”.
• To promote the value of international youth work for young people in NEET situations and the possibilities of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps and upcoming programmes.
Profile of participants:
80 professionals with experience working on the issue of vulnerable young people in NEET situations (face-to-face workers as well as managers/decision makers). International experience is not a must.
• Youth workers/youth leaders ( grassroots – involved in outreach youth work and directly working with young people in a NEET situation)
• Teachers, school support staff, alternative education staff, vocational programme staff
• Social workers, representatives of social services
• Local authorities/policy makers responsible for social provision
• Employers, apprenticeships programmes, employment agencies, job centres, job clubs, job coaches
• Researchers, academics with focus on NEET
• Other sector professionals directly working with young people: health, justice, sports, police, education, trade unions, welfare
from E+: YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES & Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU (South Mediterranian, Western Balkan, Eastern Partnership) and Russian Federation and not attended the previous conference.